8.09.2011

Updating an old bookshelf

I went shopping yesterday and ran into Anthropologie. Well, they had the wallpaper I love for 50% off!!! I grabbed it as fast as I could and ran home to figure out what I could wallpaper. I think it is going to turn out to be everything cause there is a lot of paper in this roll!

Here is my first project! It was really quick and easy but i think it really helped the bookshelf I was going to get rid of this week.

Bookshelf - Target from a couple of years ago
wallpaper - anthropologie
spray adhesive - 3m Super 77

I took pictures of the whole process. It cost about 10 for the 3M adhesive. Then the wallpaper was $50 dollars. The rest I had laying around.



I unscrewed the back of the shelves so I could add the wallpaper in two parts




I measured the boards to cut the wallpaper to size


I made sure to label the wallpaper when cutting everything to make sure the pattern was flowing the correct direction.


To make sure there were no bubbles I laid the wallpaper in sections. (It also helped for keeping it straight. The glue is like spray paint and dries really quick.











I then trimmed the edges off and screwed the panels back into the shelf system


And the finished product!



1 comment:

  1. I'm finally getting all caught up on your blog and I love this! I have been wanting to wallpaper the back of the shelves in the bonus room once I decide the color scheme. I too drool over anthropolgie paper. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...