8.01.2011

skirted tables/table ideas

Our new house is very modern with floor to ceiling windows and modern lines. The lady who showed it to us kept calling it a soft loft. Our old house had a real traditional but Frank Lloyd Wright feel to it. I don't feel like our entry table really matches our new houses look but I am not in the position to run out and buy a new table.

So, I could either make a skirted table from this tutorial I have found or I was thinking i could paint it and then buy a mirror to set on top of it. I could get more modern baskets as well to make it feel like it fits in the house better.

Here is the table in our old house:

that white trash can doesnt belong there and the green vase doesn't either. baskets are from here

The table is from pottery barn and it is an outdoor table. it isn't available anymore.

So, I could paint it grey and then find some baskets to go under it. Has anyone ever tried spray painting baskets? If I could hit these with a metallic spray paint I could reuse these cause they are a great size!

I would like to use a really simple greek key or japanese pattern fabric if I decide to skirt it.


Off to go furniture shopping! Today my goal is to find a cheap 3x5 rug and a cheap couch! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. hi there! where did you find that greek key fabric? the link isnt working! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.childressfabrics.com/browse.cfm/contemporary/2,489,25.html

    They sell it at Childress fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...