6.29.2011

Dreaming of my new home decor...

So, if everything works out, we will sign the lease on our new condo Saturday. Jeff and I are going to drive down to Houston and look at some places. I secretly have my eye one place though. It is smaller than our current place which will be good for purging. I have been laying out furniture ideas and plans and settled on this one:

1. armoire (rooms to go about 4 years ago) 2. jute rug from ikea, 3. lee industries sofa, 4. crate and barrel love seat,  5. target chairs  6. new long end table.... possibly a desk

So, obviously I'll need a few things like a love seat, my lee industries couch, table for behind the couch, and some pillows and coordinating accessories.

My friend has a love seat that looks similar to this one:

So I am thinking of having this recovered in a really simple tone on tone greek key pattern. i think a light brown or similar for color.

I will want to have matching pillows all the way around the room of course.

I was looking at Trad Home and came across this beautiful fabric on this chair. I'll need to order the fabric from a to the trade fabric store but isn't it BEAUTIFUL!


I have a jute rug and a great armoire.


 I also have two chairs from target that are really bold. I am thinking of choosing a really nice blue or something similar for a fabric and making a larger pillow for those chairs to break the pattern up some. It would be a solid color for sure.




I will also want some Queen Annes chairs to go beside the armoire and some art to hang above them. More on that later. I have to find those chairs first... hello Craigslist!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this awesome view.I wish mine looked this extravagant. Honestly I believe a New Condo to be plenty beneficial, and I think many should live in one. I actually came across one last year and decided to stay in another condo because I felt at home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...